One thing is true for all vehicle owners, whether they drive brand new cars or are crossing their fingers that their 15-year-old vehicle passes inspection or survives a long road trip: every one of them needs a quality, dependable source for auto repair services and routine maintenance. For drivers new to the Roaring Fork Valley, finding such a repair shop may seem like a challenge, given the number of options available. That’s why it’s important to start looking ahead of time, before your vehicle needs serious work. If you’re looking for an auto repair shop in Basalt, CO, here are some approaches you might take:
- Start looking early: Waiting until your car needs a major repair to start looking for a new mechanic is not the best approach. Rather than having to start your search while you’re under pressure and stressed out about how your vehicle trouble might impact other parts of your life, start looking when everything’s going well with your car.
- Ask for recommendations from people you trust: If you have friends or family in the area, what repair shops have they visited with their vehicles? Ask them about their experiences. If several people recommend a particular shop, it’s probably worth looking into. Likewise, if more than a few have had lousy experiences with a given mechanic, that shop is probably not worth your time.
- Do some research online: These days, between company websites and online review sites like Yelp, it’s easier than ever to learn about businesses and how they treat their customers. While these sites don’t always paint a full picture, they can at least give you some idea of different shops in your area. You should also research any prospective mechanic through the site of the Better Business Bureau to learn more about their service record.
- Visit any shops you’re considering: Actually paying a visit to several different repair shops is a good way to get a feel for their approach to customer service and to get acquainted with their staff or management. A service or repair staff that treats you with courtesy and respect is likely to make a good impression. If you encounter anyone who seems less personable, or if the shop itself seems like a not-so-great environment, keep exploring your options.
- Start with a small repair or service: Rather than start your search when you know your car needs major repairs, try out a new shop for something much simpler, such as an oil change. This way, you won’t spend have to spend a lot of money to determine whether a particular mechanic shop is worth using. If they exceed your expectations with a simple service, you can gradually work up to larger repairs.
Basalt Quick Lube and Tire has been a trusted auto repair shop in Basalt, CO since 2000. As a locally owned and operated business, we are committed to providing excellent repair work and friendly customer service to both longtime and brand new customers, and we pride ourselves on our knowledge and our ability to repair our customers’ vehicles correctly the first time around. Give us a call or come in today to start building a great new relationship with our trusted team!