You rely on your car’s tires to protect you from the rough road, get you where you need to go and always be pointed in the right direction. But when you tires’ alignment gets out of whack, all of that can be compromised, and your tires can suffer from untimely wear and tear.
Fortunately, there are a few simple signs that will tell you when to have a professional check your tire alignment in Basalt, CO. For the benefit of our valued customers, here is a look at the five most common indicators that you ought to have your tire alignment checked:
- Atypical tire wear: Tires being misaligned means that some tires will have to bear the brunt of your driving more than others. This leads to uneven tire wear, which is bad for both your tires and your wallet. If you notice that some tires—all of which are the same age—seem to have incurred a lot more wear than the others, then it is probably a good idea to check your alignment.
- Crooked steering wheel: When you are driving straight ahead, your steering wheel should naturally fall into a straight, neutral position. But if it fails to do so and instead remains a bit crooked to the right or left, this is a tell tale sign that your wheels’ alignment is off. This might not seem like a big problem, but it could increase your risk of a dangerous accident, which means you should have this checked out as soon as possible.
- Vibration: Misalignment can cause your wheels to turn at odd angles, which in turn could cause a strange vibration. If your car seems to vibrate even when you are on a smoothly paved road, take that as an indication that something is not right with your tires’ alignment. A quick and convenient realignment will have your car driving smoothly again in no time.
- Pulling to one side: Most drivers have had the unsettling experience of feeling their car’s wheels and tires naturally drift to one side, which can make driving straight and making smooth turns much more difficult than they need to be. You might be tempted to try and ride out the problem, but this will only make things worse. The only real solution is to have your wheels realigned.
- It’s been a while since your last check: If it has been more than a year since you last had your tire alignment checked, that is a good enough reason to bring your car into the shop. Even if none of the above symptoms are present in your vehicle, having your alignment checked early and often can keep you from ever noticing the effects of misalignment, making you safer and your life a bit easier.
If one or more of the above signs applies to you and your car, please feel free to come by Basalt Quick Lube, Tire & Alignment for a fast, effective and affordable tire alignment in Basalt, CO.