Drivers do not always give a lot of thought to their car’s oil. There is often an emphasis on the least expensive variety, or at least a belief that there is not much difference between motor oils. However, when it comes to your high-mileage vehicle, you may wish to consider a specialized oil option for its next oil change in Basalt, CO to assure a longer, better-functioning life. Here are five benefits high-mileage oil offers to older cars:
- Part restoration: High-mileage oil has a higher viscosity and coats components better than conventional varieties. When your older car is full of worn-out or corroding parts, this can actually help reverse the damage. The viscosity also clears debris from the oil lines, resulting in better gas mileage. It is not uncommon for long-lingering problems to clear up after using high-mileage oil.
- Fewer leaks: It is almost accepted as inevitable that older vehicles will leak. Scrubbing fluid puddles from garage floors or placing a piece of cardboard beneath an aging car is just accepted as a natural consequence. However, these issues can be resolved with the right maintenance, like an oil change in Basalt, CO. High-mileage oil restores the rubber plugs and seals that frequently wear out with age. Customers often notice leaks go away as the conditioners in high-mileage oil restore the seals. If you start using a high-mileage oil when your car surpasses 100,000 miles, you may avoid this issue altogether.
- Cleaner running engines: The bluish smoke plume that belches from your earlier-model car is also one of those things that are just to be expected. That plume develops from internal leaks and sludge buildup, which can be broken down with the right products. Using high-mileage oil regularly reduces this effect, and many customers find both the stench and blue smoke go away. Your vehicle will run cleaner and pollutes less.
- Needed additives: The internal combustion engine is a series of exploding harsh processes and components being in constant contact. Continuous heat, pressure and contact slowly wear out your engine. High-mileage oil contains conditioners and additives that reduce the impacts of internal combustion. Metal-on-metal wear decreases, and cars last longer while also running cleaner.
- Cars last longer: There is a set formula for helping cars last as long as possible. It includes regular maintenance, taking care of minor repairs and anticipation of major repairs before they become serious problems. Part of this routine is using oil that is appropriate for your vehicle’s mileage. If you start using high-mileage oil at 75,000 miles, you will likely avoid many of the issues that wear out engines quicker. Even if you do not start until 100,000 miles, you will still reap benefits. Oil changes will cost a little more, but you will save money by avoiding costly repairs.
To schedule an oil change in Basalt, CO for your new or high-mileage vehicle, contact Basalt Quick Lube, Tire & Alignment. We also offer other auto repair and tire services, making us your full-service shop for your vehicle.