Spring is now upon us! While that might mean spring cleaning, more time spent outside and the beginning of baseball season for you, we have only one thing on our minds here at Basalt Quick Lube, Tire & Alignment: getting our customers ready for summer driving conditions.
Because summer typically produces less precipitation than winter, some folks might think that cars do not need any special summer preparation. But as a tire service in Basalt, CO, we know this is not the case. With that in mind, here are five key reasons why you ought to get summer tires from your tire service in Basalt, CO before the new season begins:
- Speed and flexibility: Summer tires are specifically designed to be used when the temperature is 7 degrees Celsius (which translates to about 44 degrees Fahrenheit) or higher. One of the main draws for summer tires is that they offer greater speed and flexibility, as they do not need to tackle ice, snow or other precarious weather conditions. If you want to get the most out of your summer road trip, consider opting for new summer tires.
- Better braking and turning: In addition to offering better speed and flexibility, summer tires also tend to be easier for braking and turning. Their thin, lightweight design makes them more aerodynamic, like a runner wearing sleek spandex clothing rather than baggy sweats. That means that when traffic forces you to make the occasional sharp turn or abrupt brake, your tires are better suited to respond quickly and safely.
- Fewer grooves: One of the main design differences between summer and winter tires (or all-season tires) is that summer tires tend to have far less grooving. Fewer grooves further contribute to summer tires’ all-around dynamic and agile feel, and also allow more of the tire’s surface rubber to be in contact with the road. This ensures a safe, smooth and easy driving experience.
- Stronger grip: Another benefit that comes along with fewer grooves is that summer tires have a far more superior grip than winter or all-season tires do. Even when your summer tires have been on the road all day in extreme heat, this strong grip allows them to keep going, and to maintain a strong performance. This makes them the perfect option for long summer road trips across the country, to the nearest beach or just for cruising aimlessly along the back roads of your town.
- Superior wet performance: This might seem counterintuitive, but summer tires are actually quite effective in wet driving conditions. The strong grip found on summer tires allows them to be hydroplane-resistant, meaning that you are set for any spontaneous summer storms that might come your way.
Whether you plan to stay local or drive over several state lines this summer, summer tires will help your car stay safe, comfortable and effective on the road. Please drop by Basalt Quick Lube, Tire & Alignment, your tire service in Basalt, CO, anytime to view our wide selection of high quality summer tires.